Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21st


This was one long day but completely necessary. I didn't sleep last night, not a wink. Why would I do that to myself audience, madness MADNESS!! Well the reasoning behind it all was to "fix" a nocturnal issue that I've been having with France. I am naturally a night person thus why late hours come easily to me. However, the rest of the world does not function on night hours they all work on "day hours". Bleh, daylight. I have somewhat tried to wind my internal clock forward seven hours over the past two weeks to no permanent avail. I see the clock strike three AM far too often these nights, or is it days? Gah I don't know anymore! So, in order to solve the problem I decided to be cruel to my body (again) and perform an all-nighter in order to properly set my sleep schedule. It was not too bad. In fact I accomplished several important tasks that had been accumulating on my to-do list.

The laundry was washed and hung to dry without issue; I highly recommend doing dorm loads at four in the morning, no waiting queues! I sorted through a giant pile of papers that was dominating my floor space as well as reorganized my files. I even had time to make a cute little rubric for my class schedule. A diverse amount of dry dreary duties were now done. Rather unlike me I must say, but I am loving the cleared floor space and enhanced choice selection of clothing.

Besides staying up all night and performing chores, I had a normal Monday. The oddity was taking Jaimie (at the hissable evil 9 am) to the SRI or international office. I wasn't enthusiastic about the early morning but I had promised her that I would the night before. Mission was completed without any bumps in the road whatsoever. Sweet. I then returned home, waited for a few hours, fell asleep for two hours, and then went to class. French Civilization lives once more! Oh Martel, it was good to see you again. The lecture was an exact repeat from the beginning of first semester, but many of the student faces were different. I still expect Paula to be sitting next to me wearing her frames and texting with her iPhone on the desk. Sigh, this separation is going to be hard. Class was fine, again it was a repeat, but lagged near the middle. Ah well, such is going to happen with a class that doesn't change semester to semester. 

Afterwards was spent sitting on my butt in my dorm chair editing paragraphs and reading random articles on McCarthyism. Live a curious life audience, hasn't killed me. Should probably have ended that with yet...YET!

No comments:

Post a Comment