Saturday, June 1, 2013

June 1st

Holy crap, one week left. Or to go. Or left. Go, left, go, left. Agh! Too many conflicting emotions. What to do audience what to do. Write of course.

I woke up late (as usual) and began my day with some editing of a chapterish section of a story I've been working on since forever. Well I gave birth to the idea (I know a strange use of the verb birth) when I was eleven years old so that seems close to forever. The story has developed so much throughout the years. Unfortunately I don't have the original chapter drafts, least not from back then. My desktop has been wiped of files (viruses) about three times in its life.

Anyways I spent some time doing that before meeting up with Kate for some lunch/dinner. Meal names tend to be tilted for me since I start my days (given the option) in the late afternoon. We ate, we were merry, and we then made our way to Alex's apartment.

Alex is my Romanian brother of sorts and today is his last "day" in Le Havre. Thus I had to see him to sign his t-shirt and say goodbye. He used to live in the student dorm near the cafeteria but due to lease reasons jumped ship to another building down the block. Berto was kind enough to tell Kate and me this while we waited outside of Labedoyère. Heh, oops.

We found him (Kate spotted him on the bridge) and t-shirt signing commenced. It was a beautiful sunny day to boot, a great last day. When we finished our messages I gave Alex several big hugs. He's one of my original friends here in Le Havre and will be missed greatly. I hope I'll always remember that I had a Romanian brother.

Kate and I then headed to the docks for some light H&M shopping. I did nab a pair of shorts (for the plane ride home) and a sensible skirt (for summer activities). My suitcase has a decent amount of space in it. I'm also chucking a lot out before the final packing arrangements meaning no matter what I'll have room for the new additions.

Once at the dorm the tradition of painting nails while drinking while watching a series commenced. Arrested Development can be watched a hundred times over and still be funny. Just such an amazing show. I can't wait for the fourth season! As soon as I'm home (kinda) Netflix will be used to its full potential. Least the streaming.

I finish my night with a book series of smut. Something told me that I should finish the Fifty Shades trilogy. I have no idea what part of my brain thought that would be wise yet here I am. Reading it aloud at times is rewarding. The wording is just-sigh. No MareBear it's not worth it. Adieu audience, til tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment