Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3rd

I did not have a graceful morning. Since removing the duvet that Caitlin loaned me, my bed has reverted back to it's cardboard self. My spine has never made more popping sounds. Might need to visit my chiropractor back in the States. As Kate puts it, "we're crunchy."

So today is when I had my last final exam in France. Wow, that's a heavy load off. The exam itself was enjoyable since I was discussing nursery rhymes. Specifically I was talking about how nursery rhymes influence a child's upbringing in literature. Mother Goose came up as did Through the Looking Glass. Really need to reread the part where Humpty Dumpty dies and where Alice shakes the hell out of a kitten.

Anyhow I essentially passed. The class was awesome and I wished my professor all the best in the years to come. Sigh, felt good leaving campus though. Aw what the hell. No More Finals WHOOO! Heh.

After that I swung by the Docks to meet up with Kate only I hit a snag; my stomach was hungry. I stood in line at the bakery and called out to her when she arrived. Sadly there weren't any jambon buerre sandwiches, damn, but they did have quiche. I also grabbed a pretzel beignet. Needless to say I enjoyed my post final lunch.

Once that was devoured (hungry like the wolf) Kate and I headed for H&M. Since I am without my closet at home in the States I am also without shoe selections. This means shopping which is fun. Though brief Kate and I decided on a pair of practical heels. Best part is I can wear them with many things at home that I have and will have. Oh audience, gimme a few days to recover from jetlag and Michigan Avenue will be hit.

Home sweet home. Hello bed, hard as rocks bed. Ugh, oh well least everything smells fresh and clean. I took a few naps throughout my night. Guess it's a reaction of stress release and having a 4:30 AM bedtime. Any case I have to meet a friend on campus round 11ish tomorrow (early night for MareBear) before heading out on an adventure. Something I've wanted to do in parallel to what Paula did back in the days of winter.

Fingers crossed for good weather. And also wishing Kate good luck on her last two exams with a big hug as a finish. Felt worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment