Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 8th

I'm not sure how long this post will be. It was an amazing last day to say the least. Just know that.

Let's start with my goodbye to the Racadot family. I went over around two o'clock with a container of candy in hand of course. Mrs. Racadot answered the door and ushered me to their back garden. Finally I was able to enjoy the splendor of roses and shade with my French kids. I also met Mr. Racadot for the first time. Bruno was perfectly pleasant and nice as I had always expected him to be.

I chatted for a while in a mix of French and English. It was relaxing and beautiful for me as well as incredibly sad. Least we all gave gros bisoux when I left. Plus Mrs. Racadot bestowed a gift of quality soaps and gels to me. Sweet deal, seriously awesome. A picture was taken of me and the kids, once I have it I'll post it here.

After I said that goodbye (sniff so depressing) I met up with Kate for some downtown shopping. We browsed Espace Coty, I downed a quiche, and we even looked through a nautical souvenir shop. At the shop I bought a large compass. Why? I like strange things. Besides compasses I enjoy spyglasses, mirrors, magnifying glasses, maps, ink bottles, dip pens, and more. The list is quite extensive. I also wanted a less stereotypical souvenir of Le Havre.

The Docks were then visited for H&M and supermarket bits. Right when we arrived I felt a small hand touch my left palm. I looked down and whom should I see but little Alexis smiling at me. I laughed and said hello while looking around for Mrs. Racadot. She called out and said hello as well. It was a cute moment especially since Alexis kept looking back.

Fast forward to my last dinner in Le Havre. Kate and I had decided that we wanted to eat at the fifty's diner one final time together. We had burgers and fries galore. Unfortunately they discontinued their chocolate shake (bastards) which was crucial for Kate and me. I settled on vanilla, last night after all.

We later on were at the Trappiste with our friends. It took a while for most of them to show but once they did all was good, sorta. They didn't play Fresh Prince but rather the bartenders sensed a room of gloom and stuck to slow rhythms and sad songs. We made a point of pictures again as well as hugs. Though the difference tonight is Kate and I couldn't hold back the tears. It was too much.

Still quite a finale to Le Havre.




No comments:

Post a Comment