Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February 11th


Guess what was fun? The Chinese New Year Celebration!!!


Although it was year of the snake (shiver) everything turned out fantastic. I do feel a bit unlucky to be short at events like this, my father or brother was definitely needed to lift me up. I managed alright on my tiptoes, thank you high school gymnastics. The best part of the celebration wasn't the actual celebration, it was a little cheesy at times like a middle school play, but rather spending it with the newer foreign exchange students!

-Quick note, I am trying to find pictures of us, it will take some more time and me remembering to bring a camera or something. However, we did take a group picture and once it is posted online I will repost it here for everyone's enjoyment.-

So many of them showed up it was wonderful! I was happy to become more acquainted with them since I hadn't maintained steady conversations at Saturday's partay; don't judge, I love to talk to everyone.

We all guarded the chocolate fountain which was four tiers high I might add. I only indulged a small amount, it was rich stuff, but did take a good share of the mini pain au chocolat. Those pastries fresh are greater than heaven on Earth. I'm salivating just remembering them.

There was also champagne which I sampled. Irritatingly enough for me I was asked my age. Although I know I'm not an exact shot for 20, I do at least look 18 damnit! (I'm about to be spiteful) Hmph, the old lady was probably just jealous, no one would question that she's well past her prime. (Spite over).

Fortunately some of the newer foreign students had recently moved into St. Nicolas meaning I had a group to walk home with. It wouldn't have mattered anyways, 8:30 PM is a far cry from late, but it is always nice to have company, in my opinion. Sides, I didn't have my I-Pod on hand. Great start to the week, fingers crossed that the rest will follow smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment