Monday, February 18, 2013

February 17th


Lovely day to be indoors audience, too much sunlight outside. I know I sound like a hypocrite since yesterday's post I insisted on being outdoors because of the sunshine. Well I can't handle too much sunshine, and two days of walking around outside in the stuff is too much. Summers are dealt with difficulty and sunscreen, lots of sunshine. Oh and shades and slurpees. Can't go without my trusty 7Eleven.

I spent today researching minerals. You see audience an author is only as good as their attention to detail (sort of, more comes into play). In my fantasy fiction there are supernatural abilities that will nature, powers or magic. The main character controls that of earth which I define as mineral compounds plus organic plant species. This becomes rather complex and offers a huge variety of control. Thus I research plants as well as minerals in order to better understand the topics. This is something that I love about writing; learning. When you write you enable yourself to learn more about a subject maybe something that is a secondary interest or hobby. It is great for a quilt of basic understanding which works well in this world. Obviously I am not going to become an expert botanist or geologist from reading articles and books, but I will know something.

Besides research I did make a nice dent in the giant laundry pile that had been building up. I have music and the necessity for more outfit options to thank for that motivation. Also laundry isn't so bad when you're doing it at two in the morning, no one is ever in line.
Seriously, that is useful!

That's all. Yeah it's a short post and kind of a lacking one, but hey "drab" days often fall short of excitement. At least things you'd find exciting audience. I think of you as somewhat general, doubt that you'd enjoy my descriptions of onyx crystals or aventurine quartz slicing bandits to ribbons. Wait, maybe you would. Too bad, that stuff is copyrighted, deal with it!

Later audience, still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment