Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February 5th


I must say that today was painful, physically painful. Nothing particularly bad happened to me, I'm all in one piece and haven't been admitted to Le Havre General, but still, today had an uncomfortable amount of pain in it. Especially to my head.

Being a Tuesday I had tutor duties for the evening. I was fine the whole day and relaxed before I set out on my habitual walk to the Racadots. I went outside and saw a bright sunny sky, except for a brown (yes brown) cloud that was hanging over downtown Le Havre. I thought nothing of it, a cloud is a cloud, and began my journey. About five minutes into my journey hail erupted from the sky. Damn brown cloud. It would have been fine had the hail been either snow or rain, but it wasn't fine because the hail was (possibly) chunks of ice. Damn hail!

My poor precious skull was bulleted with chunks of round ice for the entire length of my walk. I hurried as best I could but it's difficult when your face is constantly being hit by freezing pellets. Miraculously I had a comb on me, good going MareBear. I was able to (with a few struggles) straighten out the crow's nest that was now my hair. I appeared to be just a little cold when Anne answered the door for me.

The lessons went well, no major problems, though I won't be having them for awhlie. Sadly (happily for them) the Racadots are going on vacation for a few weeks during the kids' first spring break. Mme Racadot left me a note explaining the situation and that I wouldn't see them until the first week of March. Aw darnit! I was supposed to give them their gifts from the US aka Valentine's gifts next week; guess they'll wait til March. At least the weather cleared up before I left, or so I had foolishly hoped. God damn hail.

It was even more painful a second time. Let's just say by the time I made it home I was not a very merry Mary. 

Look at my poor widdle red nose.

Let's stop there, the unflattering (but now funny) picture says enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment