Sunday, February 3, 2013

February 2nd


Let us start at six o'clock in the morning. I decided to do a huge chunk of laundry. I now have a closet of shirts again! Once eight thirty struck I made my way to the St. Nicolas post office to retrieve a package. I had two package slips but I wasn't sure if it was for the same package so I brought the most recent. I would regret later. I also was pleasantly surprised to find the post office closed. Online the hours are 8:30 AM-2:00 PM on Saturdays. In reality they are 9:00 AM-2:00 PM on Saturdays. Being the stubborn an extremely tired person that I am, I waited. Twenty minutes later the post office opened and I retrieved my package. Instead of going home and sleeping, I decided that some fresh pain au chocolat from Les Docks was too tempting to resist.

The bakery doesn't open until 9:30 AM. More waiting. One word, damnit! I did finally buy some "chocolate bread" and it was absolutely amazing fresh from the oven. The chocolate was still melted and crust warm with flakey goodness. I waited until I was home to devour my two scrumptious pastries. While I was munching I opened my package. It was Lord of the Rings Return of the King. Huh. I order all three Rings books and all three had apparently been sent. I looked at the other package slip and realized that it was for indeed another package. Crap.

I mulled over waiting to pick up the package on Monday, but the idea of Fellowship sitting there by its lonesome drove me nuts. Sleep deprivation tends to enhance paranoia of government workers. I grabbed my coat and walked out of my dorm in my slippers. I made a U-turn and nabbed my boots from room. I then left my dorm and walked once more to the post office.

The woman working was a bit surprised to see my scruffy presence again but she greeted me with a smile just the same. I explained that I had forgotten a packaging slip on my desk and wasn't sure if it was for a different package. she looked at it and happily retrieved another rectangular box from the shelf. I thanked her and left. While walking home I opened the package eager to see Fellowship in my hands. Shocker, it was Two Towers. Where the hell is Fellowship? I later looked online and discovered that it had endured some "customs delays" in Arkansas. Only that redneck state would find a Tolkien book to be a threat. Black Magic kill it with fire!

I then napped (sleep is for the night).

I woke at four thirty PM and began to work on some blogging. Sorry for delay, the Kaiserslautern entries just slipped up on me. I wrote and wrote until about seven twenty for I had an engagement that night. Jaimie, Julie (a sweet Hungarian girl), and I were going out to dinner together in order to know one another better. The evening went really well, minus me causing us to become lost while finding a place to eat, and I now have a slightly closer relationship with both girls. No we did not cuddle, that's creepy. But every small step of building friendship counts. After all trust doesn't fall from the sky audience. Silly audience, that's what an apple does. Right then, time for Mary to pass out!

No comments:

Post a Comment