Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March 11th


The weather suited me just fine today. In fact it was better than fine. As though France realized how much I miss my home it gave me traditional Chicago March weather. There were globs of snow and frozen footprints everywhere. I felt so at peace as I walked to class in the minor storm. Everyone else was either grumbling about the snow or running in terror from the fearsome two inches. I was merry in it (one Merry MareBear) especially when I found a small drift of fresh powder. I actually stood in it for a few moments just smiling at its soft texture. Never have I enjoyed a walk to school so much in France. Herman's Hermits might have added to it.

Class was somewhat dull. Since only half of us were there the discussion was a drag. It was about the situations of women in our country but I feel as though it was on topics anyone could google; salary, careers, marriage, abortion laws etc. Not that those topics aren't important but they don't have much to do with French civilization when we are talking about our own countries. Also the snow was just so pretty outside. I caught myself daydreaming several times throughout. I did snap out of it in time to catch what people were talking about but it was one of those drifting days. Everyone else seemed to feel the same thus class simply slugged along.

Kate and I did walk together since her next class was cancelled and swung by the super market for a few things. I grabbed my essentials of course; box of cereal, soy milk, and orange juice. I did forget the carrots but I can buy those later in the week. I felt somewhat bad for the Docks staff because there were giant puddles throughout the shopping center. This is why airplane hangar styled markets aren't ideal for areas where it rains and occasionally snows. Kate and I walked together diligently across the icy planes which I enjoyed far too much. What can I say, Chicago born.

No comments:

Post a Comment