Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 5th


I dislike days that show both sides of coin. What that means (least to me) is that there was an equal amount of good and bad in the day. Of course the bad was petty (when is it not audience?) but it was still there to bring me down into one of my heavier emotions. Now a heavy emotion is never positive, ever. They largely consist of depression and anger, on occasion you'll find some cynical happiness but today was anger. And boy was there lots of it! However that's later on audience, for now let's begin with the beginning. Happy time!

This was an ordinary Tuesday except I actually woke up before noon. Amazing I know yet it actually happened. I decided to try something new last night and played some white noise while I slept. Supposedly this is good for sleeping deeply and I thought I might as well try for myself. After all audience, no harm in trying right? It seems to have something good because I felt unbelievably fresh after only four hours of sleep. Somehow the white noise kept me from tossing around and waking up before my alarm, both are pluses. I'm definitely grabbing a copy of basic white noise or at least testing this out for the next few days. If this improves my sleep and enables me to sleep less, well you might actually start seeing this blogs on time audience.

So sleep was good, check for happy. I then spent my day leisurely playing some Maple and studying for my upcoming language quiz. I also prepped my backpack for the tutor session later that night.

Way back during winter break in Chicago (eons ago) I bought some gifts for the Racadot family for all their generosity towards me. I was meant to give them the gifts around Valentine's day since one of them is heart themed but we didn't have lessons during that time due to the kid's spring break. Sigh, such chance. Oh well, today I decided I would give them the gifts regardless of being belated.

The actually lessons were really smooth, definitely some of the better ones. Louis had me translate some commonplace sentences (actually questions) into English since he will be going to England next week. He has a pen pal in England and part of the back and forth process is for the children to actually go back and forth. He will be spending six days with her family next week and come May she will do the same here. I could sense that he was nervous (remember he's only thirteen) but I know that he'll do wonderfully. We also practiced some dialogue which I always love. It's rather fun to explain a form of phrasing in English that clearly doesn't translate in French. My favorite has to be "How is school going?"

Anne's lesson was equally as slick and involved the same amount of translation. I suppose that shows that I am becoming better at French but then again I am known for forming horribly broken sentences and pronouncing "exemple" like "example". Oy, their poor French ears.

Anyhow we worked on creating sentences describing the similarities between Jesus Christ and the character of John from the film The Green Mile. I have not seen this film but I feel as though I should for three reasons; Tom Hanks, Stephen King, and sounds interesting.
Anne needed me to translate her French sentences into English which I did rather well. Sometimes it just feels good to know that you've done your job correctly. After that we worked on “couldn't” and “could have”. How I love to explain English grammar in French. The best is justifying ending a sentence with a preposition because "the school at which I study" just doesn't ring like "the school that I study at."

Lessons finished and gifts were given. They were all very interested in the candied pecan mixture from Fanny May's; I guess that's not really a thing here in France. However when I brought out the heart shaped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Anne and Louis just lit up. Chocolate and Peanut Butter! Holy shit dude! At least that's what their expressions said, I'm paraphrasing of course. Little Alexis sadly wasn't allowed to eat the peanut butter cups, he has a caffeine intolerance so no chocolate. Poor kid, that really blows for a six year old. Regardless they seemed happy enough with the treats. I hope that they taste good I mean they were sealed and all but still I'd hate to have given them something that they wouldn't enjoy. So yeah, the lessons went well.

After returning to the dorm and eating my weight in a pile of delicious pasta, I called my dear mother. It had been a record five days since we had last talk over the phone. I am a total parent’s girl, which is a mommy's girl and daddy's girl combined. I can't help it I just love socializing with my parents. As long as it doesn't involve segways. We had a good long chat about politics and economic ideas. I can't wait for her, my dad, and my big brother to visit in two weeks. So much excitement!

Aw this is the part of the day that went downhill. Hmmm, I don't want to write about to you guys after writing about all the good things. I just lost my temper at the internet and France again. Kate caught most of the fire, as did my brother whom I was talking to on Skype, which I feel bad about.

I am human though, feeling guilt is normal and I will apologize but I am also meant to lose my cool and express my emotions. I do have extreme anger at least when it hits it tends to be fireworks. I guess I just needed to allow it vent out of my system. Hey I wrote this didn't I? That shows that something went right. I never write these when something's bringin' me down. Just for you and my sanity I blog only when I'm happy.

P.S. This song makes me happy, misery loving company and all that.


No comments:

Post a Comment