Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 20th


Today I am going to focus on one class alone, Nursery Rhymes. I've mentioned this class a few times in the past because not only is it an interesting class but I generally have fun in it too. Two things that were different this week before class began, Scott and Jessy. Jessy has finally showed up for class and Scott has just switched his major so now he is a part of the class. They add to the fun.

So what happened? Well this. Kate, Jessy, Scott, and I (nice slew of people) all sat in a neat row in Nursery Rhymes, just fine. Jessy then somehow (I missed this conversation) felt the need to show Scott and me his boxers. Well they were colorful I'll give him that. The timing was perfect because our professor entered just as Jessy's ass was out of his jeans. Exciting moment all around.

The next humorous detail would have to be the animal noises. See audience, pending on your native country and/or language animal sounds are different. In English our cows make a "moo" sound, according to us. Well French cows are apparently hipsters or the apathetic cow. They go "meh". The giggles started when our teacher asked us noises "in English" and Kate and I responded with just sounds. Example,

            "Alright cat in English"
            "Meow"
            "No what's the sound?"
            "Moew?"
            "How is spelled?"
            "Oh, meow."

Ah very satisfying for me. The last piece of the hilarious puzzle was when my professor started to explain Hickory Dickory Dock. Ok we've all had thoughts as adults bout the words Dickery and Dock. Penis jokes galore. Anyhow our teacher asked the class, "What is the slang meaning of Dick?" right after explaining that Dick is a nickname for Richard. Jessy (bless him) answered, "Penis." Good Jessy, very corrected. Our teacher agreed then wrote on the board (I'm not making this up) "Dickhead." Her words, "now ladies if a boy is ever cruel to you, you may call him a dickhead." Oh how I love this class.

That sums up our shenanigans, least the major ones. We were snickering at some of the rhymes and cringed at a few racial origins and cartoons. It's all part of the class. I also bought this sweet mouse pad today.

So adorable and accurate

Totally reflects my personality (morbid with a dash of madness) and the weather in Normandy (rain). Enjoy the rest of your week audience, see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment