Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 3rd


When your ankle still hurts what do you? Why create and Evan on Maplestory! Ah how I love being a dorky gamer girl. An Evan is a class type for the massive multiplayer online role playing game of Maplestory which I mentioned yesterday. Phew, and you wonder why we like to use MMO RPG audience. Anyhow an Evan is a very interesting class because you attack with a pet dragon. That's right you have a dragon. Also it talks. So cool!

Basically there's a little story about how you live on a farm with your family, yadda yadda, you fall into a hole in the woods, very merry unbirthday, and find yourself touching a dragon egg. The egg hatches and bamn you are now forever bonded with an adorable bundle of dragon joy. I had an immense amount of fun telling my dragon to blast the crap out of crabs and turtles. Something is just so satisfying when a turtle moans and leaves just its shell with one hundred mesos (the currency of Maplestory) behind as spoils. Burn baby burn.

The downside to being an Evan is that you don't have a clear mentor. Supposedly going to the magic realm of Ellinia is the best training path in order to score free mage gear but Ellinia's creatures are really boring. They're fairies and blobs until you reach level twenty-five which takes time. Instead I kill blue mushrooms for bento boxes to score easy coin and farm (this means kill over and over) turtles and crabs for experience. It's a part of gaming but a very zen part of gaming. I'm always able to clear my head after an hour or so farming creatures. I'm also able to enjoy the game more because noob quests can really suck.

Again this is all I did today. Alright I did do some laundry and cleaned but that's like farming life. Somehow farming blue mushrooms for bentos is just more satisfying for me. Maybe it's the face that my clothes don't drop coins (sept for my jeans) or leave fresh food behind after I wash them. Life would be more worthwhile with spoils.

P.S. If you ever play Maplestory avoid the blonde emo girl in Kerning City. Her quests are pure evil and involve some of the most difficult platforming in gaming. Beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment