Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 6th


It was a piggy day today, guilty as charged. Being a girl is stressful at times as well as petty at times. In some countries a fat layer is regarded as pleasing and a form of wealth. Sadly in all the countries that I'm involved with that ideal of beauty doesn't apply. Also I just love the image of a sleek stomach with a few ridges that don't move when I stand up. Regardless of me disapproving of my body I eat junk almost every day.

France claims to be healthy (if you don't include smoking in the diet they probably are healthier than the American diet) but they have a weakness, pastries. Oh the delicious little puffs of bread just begging to be devoured. I captured both a pain au chocolat and a croissant today. Hey they were freshly made and the chocolate was still melted. I must say those moments of savoring the flavors of butter and chocolate were similar to the ecstasy of beating Zelda Wind Waker for the first time. Oh definitely not Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, or even Majora's Mask audience. Sorry but that ecstasy cannot be achieved from pastries. They were delicious though, in case that wasn't clear.

Besides indulging in those delicacies Kate and I experienced something awkward between each other. Oh how I wish I could see all the various ideas you have about that sentence audience. I'm certain that they are hilarious.

Anyways we had Creative Writing today with Mama Duck (as usual) and actually did some creative writing (out of the ordinary). Until this time we have never actually written anything in or for the class. It was a historic occasion. Our assignment was to write a story up until a major conflict. It was simple enough but I was a tad struck for inspiration. I then looked down at my ring (such a magical piece of jewelry) and was struck once more with an idea, dragons. When looking at the ring sideways it looks like a claw and I often think of dragons when claws are mentioned. Maybe I should lay off Tolkien; wait no that's a terrible idea.

Back to the short stories. I began to create a story about how a pyrotechnics’ apprentice named Keina finds and heals a wounded dragon in the woods while gathering supplies for fireworks. As a form of payment for helping him, the dragon burns Keina and flies away. The burn is shocking enough (and rather painful) that Keina faints in the woods only to wake up as a prisoner of the Kingdom of Dragons. There she is informed that in proper payment for kindness towards the wounded dragon (who turns out to be the younger prince) she is to marry the elder dragon prince and become the new princess. This terrifies Keina who has heard many tales of dragons who have taken mortal women for wives only to eat them later.

The story continues on in my head (spoiler she doesn't die) but I stopped there for the purpose of the exercise. Keina is faced with a major conflict; if she marries the elder dragon prince she has a high risk of dying.

Now once this was completed Mama Duck instructed both Kate and me to tell one another our written stories. Kate's was about a seven year old boy named Rufus who is bullied at school and only wishes to be invisible. I rather liked the story because it had a good sense of realism about it (strange coming from a fantasy lover I know). Then the snag occurred. Apparently we're to swap stories and finish one another’s. We both were not pleased.

It isn't an issue of whether or not we like each other's stories it's a matter of inspiration. Dragons aren't Kate's theme and an invisible kid in a Super Man shirt isn't something I feel comfortable rolling with. Thus we've decided to somewhat (what the hell completely) cheat on this assignment by writing our original endings. Michael doesn't know our writing styles yet so he won't be able to pull a red flag on us. Remember audience this is secret and technically we are doing the assignment (we're writing a story) just not following all the guidelines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment