Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 1st


Crap I hurt myself again. Good thing that Kate and I were exhausted from traveling audience because I couldn't walk around for hours today, not at all.

Last night while walking back from the pizza parlor I landed funny on my foot while transitioning from sidewalk to street. It wasn't the drop actually it was the lack of drop and rather the gradual slope that caught my poor right foot off guard. Only I would be able to do this to myself. While doing handstands? Never. While flipping in the air? Don't think so. While walking on a sidewalk. Oh what is my luck?!

Basically I was out for the count today meaning I couldn't leave my room. Yeah that's how much it hurt to put pressure on my foot. That and I was extremely tired from the past three days of traveling around Normandy. What would you do if you were confined to your room?

Well I ate my weight in cereal, rice cakes, and carrots while watching Arrested Development on my computer. Ok I also played some Fable the Lost Chapters but that's such a common past time for me that I don't actually count it as doing something. In fact I have four games that I play on my computer when I don't want to think. They are (for none of your interests): Hearts, Free Cell, Fable, and Plants vs Zombies. All destroy distracting thoughts (such as time and responsibility) and allow you to just slip through the day. Before I knew it night had fallen and it was time to switch up the gaming. At least that was the plan.

As I've told you all before I enjoy playing co-op games online with my brother Pete and friends Brian and Tim. Well Pete and I specialize in playing Maplestory together for reasons unknown. He played it in college and introduced me to the game over last summer. Anyways since we can't hang out in person (the Atlantic is preventing that) we play video games together online. However since I live in France this is shaky. Here comes the first world problems of MareBear.

1. Steam chat loves to cut out

2. Steam chat enjoys not notifying you when it cuts out

3. Nexon will call you a hacker and boot you from the game

4. Maplestory forces you to change channels just to find and kill one enemy

5. Neoservice internet often disconnects at inconvenient moments

Somehow my brother and I survived it and managed to boost our characters levels significantly. It's a lot of fun hanging out with Pete when we're both swashbuckling pirates. Plus he has a floating monkey sidekick. Just saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment