Saturday, March 30, 2013

March 28th


I am amazed I made it through today. Rather than the normal busy three classes on Thursday I had four. Nursery Rhymes included a makeup session that occurred just before Language. All I can say about class is early, boring, funny, and I don't get it Ardouin! Dats it. Now after class was more interesting.

Kate and I swung by the supermarket for some regular groceries and some goodies to bring to a dinner party that we were attending later in the night. We returned to the dorm, I picked up my mail, we agreed when we'd attend the party, and I went on my merry Mary way to my room. I entered, all was good. I put my keys down, still good. The bag I was holding with my right elbow hit a nerve causing the box of Heineken bottles to flip out of my right hand and crash onto my floor. Not Good! Fortunately for the beer only one bottle broke. It shattered itself very well too. I sighed, mentioned how I had cleaned up worse working at Kum and Go, and set to work gathering the bits and pieces.

Once all was clean I sat down to open my mail. I had a few spicy pringles out and was munching when I noticed my letters had a few red splotches on them. I figured it was a pringle dust til I realized that my left hand hadn't been touching the pringles. Sure enough sticking out of my left index finger was a fine shard of green glass. I carefully removed it causing a decent stream of blood to emerge. Great. I cleaned the wound and slapped a bandage on it. Problem solved, well not quite. A bandaged fingertip makes it slightly more difficult to type. Oh joy. I made do.

After I worked on a few blogs it was time to attend the dinner party. I grabbed the box of coconut macaroons and headed over to Claudie's room a whopping ten feet away. There we all partook in a glorious feast of potatoes. I really love my taters. We had this fried tater and onion dish and then some Greek tater salad (I had seconds). So freakin' awesome! Dessert was a melange of assortments but started with apple strudel. I ended up with whipped cream on my face (I attack food) which caused all my friends to laugh and squirt more cream on my face from the aerosol can. If my eating makes them happy have forth with the whipped cream.

We all then sat around with various forms of wine in our cups and enjoyed the rest of the gathering. My friends were disappointed to find out that I would not be joining them at the bar afterwards but they understood that I had an early morning planned. What, you don't know audience? Why I'm going to Paris tomorrow to visit my darling best friend Natalie. I haven't seen her since Christmas and miss her immensely. Better go off and start my sleep, it will be a long day for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment