Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March 18th


I love when Mondays are not Mondays. This Monday had class like a normal Monday but it also had something else that other Mondays almost never have, socializing. Yes this Monday acted as a Friday or Thursday (possibly a Saturday) where MareBear went out with her friends. It was decently sweet.

Since St. Patrick's Day was on a Sunday many bars were closed (such a shame) and decided to celebrate the day after otherwise known as this specific Monday. The turnout was rather impressive too. Scott and I walked to the university campus where we met Ximena and Oskar. We all then waited for Alex who appeared with essentially everyone else. The whole lot of us then walked to B&B (the bar) together and the night really kicked off.

It happened to be one euro shot night which I didn't abuse. In total I had two shots and half a pint of beer, a good steady amount. I would've had more shots but the bar ran out since they severely underestimated their costumer count. Remember audience I don't have classes on Tuesday; all of my friends hated me for that. It was a night well spent just chatting away with my peers (Jessy even made an appearance) and not having to worry about waking up before noon the next day. Now the return home proved challenging.

This is the summary of what happened when a group of us who lived in the same dorm began our walk home. We had an extra girl whom some of my friends knew (I had seen her before) who needed to be guided home. Plus Fabian had his bike near her apartment, onwards we went. The issue was that this girl was too drunk to remember where she lived. According to Fabian and Victoria she lived five minutes from the bar.

It took us in the end half an hour to walk her home and then start our twenty-five minute walk to St Nicolas. This didn't test my patience with walking (I actually enjoyed the night air) instead it tested my patience dealing with my friends. I love them but when people are constantly complaining about trying to go home, well I become frustrated. Fortunately for the group the girl made it to her apartment and we were on our way. Fabian did stop to pick up some pringles but hey, pringles are good. He did make a mistake when he threatened to do his laundry when we returned home (this was my plan). MareBear's response, "I will break both of your legs." Such friendship.

I did in fact do my laundry (well some of it) once I was finally back in my room. The walk home had completely sobered me up which was both good and bad. It was good because it meant I function and actually wash my clothes. It was bad because I was then just tired rather than buzzed and tired. Ah well it was a good night for me and the trek home was something of a misadventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment