Saturday, May 18, 2013

May 17th

The day after a final feels fantastic. Especially when you decide to leave your bed at 1:00 PM. Dreams are addicting audience, even if they are weird as hell. And have orange prom dresses in them. My mind sometimes.

Kate and I decided to dine out today. Aren't we classy? Well Subway was delicious. It feels like a regular spot for us. We were dressed in black sweatshirts, basic shoes, and jeans; we matched the atmosphere of sandwich eaters. I went all out and had a footlong with chips and a cookie. I didn't finish anything sept the cookie. Disappointed in you MareBear. France has made you weak again!

After I spent a good chunk of time chilling in my room, as usual. I then (hours later) talked to my big brother. Finally! It had been too long, two weeks to give an estimate, since we had truly talked one on one. It went over two hours which was sufficient for the separation period. Pete went over this amazing week he had spent with his college friend Steph. They hit a Dodgers game (private seating), Disneyland, a showing of Conan, and even the Magic Castle during a special anniversary night. Am I jealous? Completely! I wouldn't be a good sister if I weren't envious.

Our conversation was dominated by video games (real shocker) and internet videos. I did make my brother cry from laughter at one point. Apparently he wasn't expecting me to say "krunk" in the manner that I did. Glad to have given some happiness back, he's often the sillier/funnier one. It just felt wonderful to see his face and hear his voice again. LA is far away (even when I'm back home) and Skype helps lessen that distance.

So this was the video we discussed. It's an experience. That much I will say.

No comments:

Post a Comment