Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2nd The Big 21 (sorta)

Audience it may pain you to learn this but I am no longer at the adorable age of 20. That number changed at 2:10 AM Central Pacific time. During a final exam no less. France, you and being 7 hours ahead. Tsk tsk.

Woke up at 6 AM, wasn't thrilled. No doubt nerves for the final. As everyone except me most likely predicted it was not the evil monster I imagined it to be. Still had knots all throughout the morning though, healthy stuff. The test was an essay explaining the differences between Flemish and Italian painting styles. Huh. That was it. Hopefully in the short hour and a half I had I wrote a decent enough essay. Just need to pass.

After I left the classroom I felt a huge weight lifted from my shoulders. Imagine a crate of lead being removed from your chest after it crushed you into oblivion. Hmm that might be a bad example. Point is I felt better and celebrated with strawberries and a jambon buerre sandwich.

Class then occurred, yippee. The enthusiasm I have for History of Religions is off the charts. Today's topics were riveting too; British Colonization and French Revolution. Universe "shoot me please" or I'll die from boredom. Before all the French and British citizens start beating me to death allow me to explain my case. Please? Ok beat me for a little bit. Ow, ow, ow, hey! Cleats are not fair dude!

Now that you've worked your anger out let me say my two bits, my blog after all. The reason those topics are dull just like the American Revolution and Civil War is because we've heard them time in time out. This wasn't a lecture of new information but rather a dragged out review. My professor actually had the class fill in the blanks for names and dates. You can imagine how happy everyone was for that. So it's not the history itself (brutal times are always fascinating) it was the manner at which we went over it. Regardless you were able to rough me up a bit and I made my point. Slight win-win.

After class I slothed for an hour. I had another final at 5:30 PM but felt as though I deserved some downtime. This included me kicking my boots off and lying on my bed as All American Rejects serenaded me. Almost fell asleep a few times I was so out of it. I didn't, rather I dumped all my study papers onto my bed. They're still there.

Fast forward a lunch and few hours later. I was on campus early to ensure that I had a decent seat for the final exam. Good thing too since many students from the Tuesday class appeared. We all were sardined in the hallway which made it interesting when my friends started to sing happy birthday to me. I smiled and blushed as I do but was both happy and grateful for being surrounded by caring people. Then Ardouin showed up.

The test was a typical Ardouin test, filled with unexpected snares. Fortunately I had covered almost all of the material in my studies. The final exercise was something we barely glanced at in class and a paper I hadn't thoroughly reviewed. Sigh, damnit. Least I knew that passé simple and relative pronouns would be covered. Studied the hell out those two. Take than "dont" and "fut"!

Finished in good time and checked my worked over. Always a good idea, spelling errors are evil. Kate and I left at similar times but I had to somewhat stalk/power walk to catch up to her. Apparently she was going to surprise me with a brioche and thought that I was going to be in the exam longer. She bought me one anyways and I thanked her for the pastry. She also insisted on paying for my coke at the supermarket. It's my birthday, I'll let it all slide.

Now I am home and finished with tests for now. It will be two weeks before I have another which is a comfort in its own. I can breathe and chill for the remainder of the weekend sides various paperwork for France and Iowa. Big plus I should be gaming with Pete tonight. Maple is reborn for the Scale siblings!

P.S. The reason the title has (sorta) in it is because the actual dinner/party celebration is happening tomorrow night. So though it's my birthday I'm delaying the real deal for a day. Just informing you so that you can sleep in peace audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment