Sunday, May 5, 2013

May 4th

Needless to say I did not go to my 8:30 AM make-up class this morning. I tried, I really did but couldn't do it. I did wake up without much of a hangover. Amazing if I say so myself and definitely not complaining.

My morning was relaxed as it should be. I drank endless supplies of water and scrubbed the night/morning off my skin in a steam-filled shower. My 21st was over and it was time to simply resume life. I do feel different though, not a sense of liberation but older. Uncomfortably older. My twenties are here which is completely terrifying.

Jonathan left on a 2:00 PM train with an actual hangover. He hit the delrium (8.5% or something) pretty hard at Trappiste. Despite that he was able to function and made it home just fine. I returned to the dorm and passed out in the middle of lunch. I passed out on my bed but didn't finish my green peas until I woke up hours later.

Kate was actually the one who woke me up. There was a barbecue on that evening for another friend's birthday and we were supposed to go. The argument Kate gave me won over my pillow. Always a tough debate but I'm glad that I went. It was a good time.

After a quick stop at the super market for barbecue items (chips, burgers, and mushrooms) we made our way to the containers. The most common greeting I received all night was "how are you?" at which I smiled and said, "far better." It was nice knowing that my friends cared but I was also somewhat embarrassed. Guess they knew something had been off when I didn't say goodbye to any of them. Oops.

The event itself was a quite a party. Besides a shot of Romanian alcohol I stuck to coke all night long. Not that I didn't want a drink or two (apprentice alcoholic or a typical university student) but I figured that my liver could use a break. Besides it was my turn to remember the night in full detail.

We had Kate grilling fantastic sausages, burgers, and mushrooms for everyone. There were also pinatas, filled with candy of course. Plus copious amounts of socializing. I mostly talked to Julie but made my way around the party. When it hit midnight I felt myself drooping from lack of energy. Time to go home.

I stayed in the light (no worries) and knew the area since I only lived about three blocks away. Once in my room I grabbed some meds (too much sausage) and relaxed in front of Rikki. Something reassuring about emails and facebook, just takes a load off. I also had Amber playing and a few happy photos that added to the chill-zone. Good end to a mellow day.

P.S. I wasn't hungover in the traditional sense but I had zero motor skills during the day. Good thing I wasn't holding anything breakable because I dropped stuff as though it were my job. Minor detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment