Thursday, May 30, 2013

May 30th

CRAP!

It is never good when Kate's knocking is what wakes me up. I knew I should have reset my alarm properly instead of dismissing the 8 AM melody. Quickly quickly grab clothes! Hey there Kate. Yup this is exactly what it looks like. Give me a minute to find the files. Oh hey the hawks won game seven, sweet! Right files, files, here were are. Save as PDF then transfer to Rad USB. All done, let's go to the library!

That was my morning. Not graceful and definitely not courteous to Kate. Sigh, fluking sucks most times. Anyhow I printed my files off at the library and Kate did likewise. Hers was a document for Aberdeen whereas mine were reservations for both my upcoming flights and hotel. Not long now audience. Shhh, it s'ok shhhh.

After that we hit a number of errands including Crous office, English department, and supermarket. We were both craving a few apples on the way home. Once back at the dorm we went our separate ways. I ended up snoozing for a bit more (maybe an hour) before waking up and enduring a light workout. Shower time! I then watched a made for TV movie Grow Up Timmy Turner which brought back an overdose of nostalgia. It was round that time that I straightened my hair and applied my face for tonight we would be out on the town!

However, before that I ate some food with my friends. I had chowed down on a light meal and drank my weight in water but somehow I wasn't feeling satisfied. Good thing I arrived for leftovers! Ravioli you are mine and schnitzel you are mine.

We then set off for the night. Kate was not among us (St. Nicolas bunch) due to having an exam the next day. She's responsible that girl. It was Scott's last night in Le Havre meaning I simply had to go out with everyone. In addition I hadn't been to a bar with my friends since my birthday which was far too long ago.

Amazingly I only had two drinks the entire night; one was a pint of beer and the other a jager bomb. Seriously that was all. The reasoning behind all of this was because the first bar B&B such their bar down shortly after midnight. Apparently the owner or someone important had left disabling them from serving. Well what use is that? Our group decided to move.

Luck found me because the bar we were moving to was a mere two blocks from St. Nicolas. Hell yeah! It was called Music (simple I guess) and was a karaoke bar that I had passed by ever since my first days in Le Havre. Weird that now was my debut night there. To be honest it looks somewhat sketchy from the outside. Inside it was a small bar with a few mics, a dance floor, and plenty of seating.

Even if I had drunk any other cocktails I would have burned it all off. My friends and I were dancing like crazy (we brought it) and singing poorly to popular songs. Bohemian Rhapsody was played and is somewhat a trigger song for me. Can't help but sing and head bang along.

At the end of the night I gave Scott a big hug goodbye and wished him well. Though the departure of my friends is becoming more frequent it doesn't stop it from being difficult. Still, it was a great last night out and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Especially Ieva.

Time for me to enjoy some well earned sleep. Snooze button.

No comments:

Post a Comment