Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 21st

Oh boy. Time to do something most unpleasant. Honestly I'm usually not one to catch bad stage fright but all previous times were either in English or in French in front of non-fluent students. This is a performance in front of strangers who are French. Gulp.

I survived. What I experienced was Michael's performance final for his creative story telling course. My group was all nerves since three of us were foreigners. The French student was rather quiet, he's not one for the spotlight. However all went well. We read our little segments from my story that had been translated into French. Actually I helped the French student Julien with a few translation questions. "What is to flail?" Ah that one was fun to act out.

Michael told us afterwards that we had done very well (we performed with our scripts). He seems to have forgotten that my hand was shaking so bad that you could hear the fluttering of the paper. I solved the issue (sorta) by grabbing the other side with my left hand. Ay nerves were not my friends. Still I spoke clearly and he congratulated me on that my French improvement. Once all was over Kate and I decided to relax with a proper meal of burgers and nuggets. Oh Mickey D's!

Oddly enough we ran into Michael and his family at McDonalds. Wow, didn't see that coming. He allowed us to use a coupon on our meals which was both gracious and helpful. He really is a French father figure. At least his final is over. Time to pass out in victory, Scale style.

No comments:

Post a Comment