Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May 6th

Last day of French Civilization with Martel. This was a bittersweet day for me. It does mean that I won't have any classes on Monday for the remainder of the semester but it also means I won't have classes with one of my favorite (and original) professors. Least we all went out with a bang.

For the final class we watched the classic French comedy film "Le Diner de Cons" known as "The Dinner Game" known as the movie upon which "Dinner for Schmucks" is based. Little tip, the original is better. Don't have me wrong I love the typical American "stupid" comedy but when it comes to remakes rarely is the new version better. Give it a go if you haven't already seen it or "quel con!"

That was the main event of today but I did experience something I wasn't prepared for; heat. Summer is coming, oh damn. I don't have any summer appropriate clothing at the moment (sides a dress but why wear that to class?) making it difficult to comfortably go anywhere. Jeans (in general), plus boots, plus T-Shirts are not what I call "sunshine weather"!

Sadly I cannot sport any of my State-side clothes at the moment for two reasons; first they are in Chicago and second it's not smart to show skin in France. That fact of life is a major bummer but it is what it is. I'll be home soon enough and my shorts will be there waiting for me. Don't worry honeys I'll be there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment