Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28th

Ay studying blows. Look I'm sorry audience but studying for exams is never an "enjoyable" activity no matter  the content. I could be studying for a test on Zelda and still find it a snooze fest. Oh, Lexicology is what it is. Sides you guys know I didn't study all day. Woke up at noon, not possible to.

I did have the kids again today, second to last time. Louis and I worked on some vocabulary and conversations. Apparently his pen-pal was in France last week (the girl from England). The Racadots took her to Paris and Etretat as well as several places in Le Havre. Louis said that he might go back to England at some point in the summer to see her again. Now that's dedication to your pen-pal. I had one when I was eight. Never wrote back to Bailey.

Anne was up next and presented me with an interesting piece of content. Anyone out there a U2 fan? If so you probably know the lyrics to Sunday Bloody Sunday. Her class was analyzing its meaning and lyrics otherwise known as symbolism. Heh, good thing I like Anne otherwise I could've taken her for a wild trip with symbolism. Pst, MareBear is a firm believer in the bullshit factor of almost all symbolism. Goes along with my feelings towards the word "post-modern" and "the intentional fallacy".

Anyhow I helped her understand some of the questions such as "what two lines are repeated (besides the refrain) and why?" and "what Sunday did Jesus win and why?" The last one was fun. I re-enacted the rise of Christ with animated arm gestures and went off on how his act of revival represented new life and new hope; both tools against the bloody ends of death. Poor Anne, I was having too much with the assignment. The song itself is decent (Mary is currently writing this post to it) and I recommend all you non-U2 fans to give it a go.

In fact I'll cut a few internet corners for you. Gimme a second to find a decent lyric video with good volume levels. Trust me the music video is just them in concert and displays a not so graceful flashback to the 80s.


No comments:

Post a Comment