Monday, April 15, 2013

April 12th Brussels


Happy 4 AM morning! Again this was a time when I jumped out of bed rather than the typical fall out. Just so excited for Brussels. This energy ran out like a bottle rocket though. Almost immediately after the train began I conked out. Huh.

Waking up a second time was not so pleasant as the first. Although I am about 70% back to my normal bad-ass self, that 30% really makes a difference. I woke up on the train with a severely dry and sore throat. Ah damnit. Least I had my trust small half-filled water bottle. Encore, damnit!

Kate and I made it to Paris in one piece. One drowsy unaware piece. The enthusiasm had died a swift death and we just wanted to be on our bus to Brussels. Snag, we found the bus lot but were over an hour early; the waiting area had zero benches, stumps, and nubs. Not even nubs! Thank Science we were saved though. From nowhere appeared a fabulous companion. Literally he was from Wyoming (nowhere) and was fabulous (hint).

I actually didn't learn the guy's name, intros just didn't happen. So for the sake of insanity I shall dub him Wyo. Yeah I'm too lazy to write Wyoming. Wyo it is!

Wyo was a student studying in France just like Kate and me. Sept of course he was down south by the Loire Valley in the sunshine. Welcome to the weather of Paris! Grey isn't it? Turns out Wyo was headed to Amsterdam and that our buses were the same. We found a friend! A nameless friend but still a friend. Least, I think? Yeah that counts.

The buss ride itself was a mixed hand. One perspective was hilarious conversation with Wyo. However, the other was me succumbing to headaches and sinus pressures. This is a good sign MareBear, it means that the flu is leaving your body. Good sign, good sign. Damnit! Screw being positive I want a pillow and hot soup! With oyster crackers!!!

Well I didn't receive the soup (high expectations not met) but I did have a cup of coffee with Kate before crashing on a pillow (complete with a bed underneath) at the hostel. The hostel was a surprise because it was two buildings; one regular and one effeminate. We were in the effeminate one of course, pretty girls merit pretty beds. Found our room, picked my bed, passed out.

Sleep felt marvelous. Ah nice fluffy solid pillow you did me well. Kate and I relaxed for hours on our beds just drifting. Yes we were in Brussels but we had been traveling since an extreme hour in the morning. Plus sick child remember! We relaxed.

Around 7ish Kate's friend Ailsa arrived which was perfect timing. Both Kate and I had cleaned ourselves up and were ready for a girl's night out. Six of us girls attacked ( I didn't attack I sipped) Brussels for Ailsa's birthday and for vacation purposes. It was jammin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment