Saturday, April 6, 2013

April 6th


How am I functioning today? I beat my record and went to sleep at seven o'clock in the morning. I then was up and out around noon running errands with Kate. Seriously, how the hell am I able to type this?

Last night was inevitably spent with my newfound British friends drinking. I don't know how alcoholics do it; I'd just be exhausted the whole time. We all started off in Scott's room with a bottle of tequila, some lemon (limes were not obtained) and salt. Apparently eating lemon rinds is disgusting. Psh, that's where the flavor is.

After that was polished off we headed out for Trappiste only to change our minds (right as Kate and I bought drinks) and go to Black Café instead. Kate and I decided to lag behind with our beer at Trappiste. Sorry but I paid for it and I'm going to drink it. We met up with the rest later.

That was a good run and was followed by more drinking at Scott's room (again). I am probably going to be scolded by my father for being carried away with partying but honestly I don't go this hard ever. Guess making new friends is my excuse this time. Sides audience lounging around listening to Beatles with a bottle of vodka is too good to pass up. Yeah I'm definitely still a college chick.

Today actually involved a major chore being done. Winner! I somehow forced myself out of bed at eleven-thirty, not sure where that will power came from. I knocked on Kate's door and agreed to meet in half an hour in order to go to the Saturday market and then the train station. The market was for chicken and belts. Kate needed some gifts for a few of her relatives and found some modest belts. All the rotisserie chicken was gone. Still not as bad as no orange juice being available after a two hour morning train but not far from it. Kate and I grabbed some jambon sandwiches and made our way to the station.

That clerk was patient. After what felt like five minutes but was probably fifteen Kate and I had successfully purchased train tickets for next week. Remember audience? Ugh you don't! Fine, lil reminder. I'm going to be travelling with Kate for my second spring break to both Brussels and Scotland. In order to go to both locations we have to go to Paris. Rough right?

The tickets are now sitting comfortably next to my sunglasses. When we arrived at the dorm the guys left not too long after. So sad they were fun. On the other hand I haven't felt this tired since I was councilor for middle schoolers. We gave them hugs goodbye and wished them luck on the rest of their tour. Kate and I then (most likely) simultaneously passed out in our respected rooms.

Kate retrieved me later on for dinner to which I drowsily agreed. Scott ran into us and all three hungover Anglos spent dinner at Mickey D's. Typical hangover food, not as good as carrots. The three of us recalled all the time we had spent together in the past two days. The times were fun and I now have a few more wicked memories but some down intervals were needed. We all agreed upon that.

I now write to you whilst drinking my weight in water once more. It seems the more I drink the thirstier I become. Damn paradoxes of life. Well audience I am going to continue to hydrate and do nothing for the remainder of my day. I hope your weekend is eventful in itself. Mine has a forecast of chillaxin’.  

No comments:

Post a Comment