Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 9th

I am afraid audience that this blog will be incredibly small. I spent my entire day (morning til night) tossing and turning trying to beat this flu. Fevers really suck.

It does look as though I am making some improvement because my temperature has dropped some and my sore throat doesn't ache as much. Still hurts like all hell to drink water but it's a cooler hell than before.

My father is probably saying, "I told you so." He had advised me to take a flu shot back over Christmas break. Clearly I didn't listen. Flu shots don't guarantee flu immunity but they do provide a less severe flu should you catch it. Well great.

The only thing that worries me is Thursday. Friday, very very early in the morning Kate and I leave for Paris. We are catching a bus to Brussels shortly after which begins our two week vacation. The reason I'm worried for Thursday is that I need to pack still. I had planned on doing that today but seeing as how I kept hallucinating throughout the day I figured it'd be better to wait.

Tomorrow I go to the school clinic. Fingers crossed that this is a bacterial flu and that they can give me some powerful meds. Honestly this blows. I had to become sick right before vacation. Sigh, least I can breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment