Saturday, April 6, 2013

April 5th


Well audience the British are coming. They actually arrived last night and will be here until Saturday. Time to explain who "they" are. Scott (my English friend) told all of us about a week ago that he'd be hosting three of his friends for a few days. Everyone was down for that, British guys tend to be fun. Turns out three was actually four. I felt for Scott since he was sharing his St Nicolas living space (otherwise known as a closet) with four guys. They weren't short either. All of them were awesome though. Them is Jay, Wigley, Jake, and Bennett. Them be crazy.

I woke up this morning/afternoon with a happy hangover. The actual hangover sucked (I was a slow slow snail who enjoyed bumping into walls) but I was happy at the same time. A decent group of us went out to Bar & Billards (a popular pub) last night and met up with almost all of the other international students. I won't lie, I did drink more than anticipated. Really all that caused was for me to constantly hug all of my friends and declare how much I loved my "husband" Jessy. I didn't even know he was going to be there. When I saw him Jessy picked me up and swung me around. What are gay bestfriends for?

The night was fantastic just everyone jeering and being well together. Eventually we left for St Nicolas and somewhat split between us. We all rejoined one another at the end in Scott's room. That has to be one of my favorite things to do with friends; just sit around together laughing and swapping stories while music plays. It is just so wonderful to me. Mellow, plain and simple. I went to bed at the nice late hour of five in the morning and thanked myself for not having Friday classes. Thank you so much MareBear.

Most of the day was spent sleeping and drinking my weight in water. By the afternoon I went around to Kate's room to see how she was doing. She also was sporting a wicked hangover that was worse than my own. Ah the woes of college life. I am going to miss this in a few years. After all when one has a job it's best not to be poorly simply from partying with friends.  

Kate and I braved leaving our little closet rooms for some fresh air and food. I really don't like to eat when I'm hungover. It's the opposite for Kate but then again I'm used to a liquid diet of water while farming Loopers in the sky or hunting Falmer in dwarven mines. Props to anybody who knows both of those video game references.

I did eat. It was Subway. I only ate half though. Honestly it's shameful how small my stomach has become when I can't even finish a footlong and a bag of chips. I counted my losses and followed Kate to the supermarket for a top up on soda and some munchable food. Just as we were about to enter who should we run into? Five very hungover British dudes. Ah it's good knowing that they struggled to face the day too. Misery and company. We awkwardly shared a few words before splitting. Hangovers don’t increase attentiveness. Kate and I grabbed our cokes and some other bits before slowly returning to the dorm.

Once home I felt better. We knocked on Jaimie's door and all of three of us watched Pride and Prejudice together. I felt even better. Kate and I decided to then dig into food while Jane and Mr. Bingley shared a danced together. I ignored the chips that I had bought and dug straight for my stash of carrots and lettuce. I felt a good 40% better after finishing off those veggies. Nothing like real food to bounce back. I ate my salad and proceeded to start pregaming. Again, the woes of college life.

No comments:

Post a Comment