Sunday, April 7, 2013

April 7th


Waking up from a fever is never pleasant. Guess my body wasn't too pleased with how much I had abused my liver over the past few days. Oh well, a fever and scratchy throat aren't exactly a severe price to pay. Sides Dayquil did its job. Thank you potent American medicine.

Today was supposed to be incredibly dull. It wasn't full of excitement but Rikki and I had a scare together. I felt like using my computer from my bed because I wasn't feeling 100%. Simple. Well laptops don't like it when they can't properly breathe. Blackhawks blanket I love you but Rikki does not. Right in the middle of Pulp Fiction my computer clicked and shut down.

I was confused but didn't freak. Instead I picked Rikki up and felt its temperature. Shit that's hot! Oh, oops. Indeed my computer had overheated and required a decent cooling time. I put it on my desk and propped it up. Poor Rikki. Good thing modern machines are programmed to shut down before they fry themselves. Without my PC, well I'd be pretty screwed.

While Rikki cooled down I took care of some paperwork and called my parents. We had a nice long chat about all that had been going on. Back home a habitual event involving a Spring Tea had just happened yesterday. Every year I volunteer at it, sept this year. Damn homesickness.

Didn't help that my mother kept describing all the food that they had eaten. Especially the strawberries. I love California strawberries in the States. Almost as much as Georgia peaches, almost. You haven't tasted a peach sweeter than Georgia's seasonal pick. So to be hearing about all the leftover pounds of strawberries that my mother had, well I somewhat growled at her to stop. Sigh, I'll have to wait until June for angel food cake with vanilla ice cream covered in strawberry slices. Least it was good to hear from my folks.

Later on Kate and I watched the film Rum Diaries. It is an interesting one at that but not a bad film. Johnny Depp does a good job as Kent and I was entertained the entire time. It does dissuade me from vacationing in the Caribbean for a while though I'm not fond of too much sunshine.
Yeah that's not really a problem.

Besides that well, nothing. Looping some Beatles, talking to favorite people, and writing some blogs. Honestly that's a pretty relaxed life. Let's hope this lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment