Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15th Leaving Belgium


As you might have guessed today was not as extravagant as the others. Leaving days tend not to be. Kate and I woke up to a note left by Ailsa. Her flight was at 10:30 AM so she had left hours before. The note was sweet and wished us a great vacation complete with kisses. Europeans are big on that though they always forget hugs.

Kate and I left a similar note for Cathleen since she was generous enough to give us a free place to stay in for our last night. We locked the door behind us and rode the metro to central station. Sandwiches were once more feasted upon. Really they are that delicious. Mmm mozzarella with tomato and basil and some kind of garnish. Yeah delicious is the word.

Fast forward a few hours and a few coffees later. Kate and I were walking to the Megabus stop when from out of nowhere Alina has found me. Kissing my cheeks swift on each side. Cradled by two loving arms that I’ll smile for one little shock and Alina oh my!

Ahem, what I was expressing there through an El Paso parody was that my Romanian friend Alina from Le Havre was there in Brussels. I had no idea. Apparently she had mentioned it to Kate but both of us were pleasantly surprised to see her there. Alina was with her younger sister Simona and was also taking the Megabus back. Score, more friends to journey with.

Bus ride so much better than the way up. The key difference was that my head was not in constant pain. I love being healthy again. Hey influenza, this is me giving you the bird. That’s right, go infect someone else because for now you can’t touch me. I pray that doesn’t bite me later. Karma one word to you, don’t.

Unfortunately we hit traffic in Brussels which slowed us down majorly. The bus driver switch also took an abnormally long time. Point is we missed our train back to the Le Havre. No worries, there was one later. Obviously we took that train and were relieved to be on our way home. Even though for Kate and me that meant only about six hours of being home.

On the train we goofed off a bit, near the end. See everyone left at Rouen minus two people. We had an entire cart to ourselves almost. Kate and I moved around a bit (we are old and stiff at our peaked age) which became her tackling me into seats. I had some vengeance. Kate forgot that I practice flexibility each morning. While she was perched on the ground I slid into the splits underneath her thoroughly scaring the crap out of her. Mission accomplished.

Home now and typing this for you audience. Appreciate all my efforts because I am exhausted. Power nap will be my sleep in Le Havre which has worked in the past and will today as well. Blog posts will once again be delayed. Chapter two is about to begin. Onwards to Scotland! Oh this is gonna be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment