Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 23rd

Today turned out to be chill, really chill. Fret not audience Edinburgh has just been postponed until tomorrow. Like I would miss out on my favorite Scottish city that granted me access into Iowa's Freshman writing dorm. That's actually true; I wrote about it in a poem. Moving on!

So I woke up round the normal hour of 9:30 AM but didn't actually leave my room until after noon. Why? Well I was entitled to drift back to sleep and enjoy my dreams for a few hours before facing the day. I do often enjoy my dreams as odd as they are somehow that comforts me. Also I love being lazy.

By elevenish I had grown bored of sleeping. Huh. Solution, muffins and Stephen Clarke. Nothing like sitting up in bed with a humorous book and blueberry muffin. Delicious in so many ways. For those of you who know Stephen Clarke this was his third book Merde Happens. I honestly couldn't have been happier for what happens to Alexa and Jake. Total Jake fan.

So that went on for a lil while til I decided to make an appearance. I popped into Kate's room with towel in tow (her's is on the way to the shower) just to assure her that I hadn't died during the night. Unless I'd become a zombie I was indeed alive and walking around. Hmm zombie version of MareBear might be fun.

Anyhow I showered, stretched, put on clean clothes, and met everyone downstairs for lunch. It consisted of leftover saucy wraps with leafy salad. Happy MareBear, greens are always welcome on my plate. After that, well more reading and relaxing in the sunshine. Wait, we did go on a walk in the sunshine too. A breezy calm walk through the fields with Kate and her mother. And the dogs, can't forget Clootie and Muffin.

Fast forward a fews hours, a Rocky Horror conversation, and a read of Fifty Sheds of Grey later. Dinner was upon us. My full appetite has returned audience and I let it show. MareBear polished off the potatoes, lamb, broccoli, green beans, and possibly the yorkshire. There were also carrots and beets, delish.

Dessert followed later during the film The Mexican. Ok that has to be the best (unseen) film I've viewed all semester. No exaggeration here it really is a fantastic movie. Grab it next time you're on Netflix I guarantee that you'll love it. Well if you enjoy this blog you will most definitely love it. After all your taste can't be all bad if you enjoy my words.

What was dessert? The best (I love that word) carrot cake that I had ever eaten in my life. Carrot cake is something that I can eat from time to time; a dessert that doesn't kill me later. This carrot cake was soft and rich with plumes of light cream cheese icing that had hints of lemon. Nora you make one mean carrot cake, please never stop.

That was today. Not bad for a relaxing day of chill. Tomorrow has Edinburgh and tonight has me sleeping soundly knowing that everything has been going great. This trip couldn't have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment