Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 8th

Today was a day where things started off fine and ended somewhere between horrible and frightening. Let us begin.

I woke up at the regular time of 10:30 AM and started off my day with the latest Game of Thrones episode. Honestly wish every morning could be that epic. It was a good episode too.

After that I spent my time idly on my computer before leaving for class. I wasn't feeling great, some sniffles, but a light cold hasn't stopped me before. I saw a friend on the way to class and backed off when she tried to French greet me. I explained that I was sick with a cold. She turned pale and told me to go to the doctors right away. I laughed that off with the remark, "meh it's just a cold." Oy I hate it when things bite me later.

Class seemed easy but I was quickly going down hill. I noticed that everything started to feel warm. Unusually warm. Still I stayed put and listened as best I could. Once Martel dismissed us I went to the SRI office to turn in some papers. Here's where the hill really slopes.

I thought I'd be in the SRI office two minutes tops. Nope. Apparently they were having issues with one of my first semester classes in the Liberal Arts and Sciences department. Uh what? The worst part was a few of the staff members turned cold on me for it. They had the "it's all your fault" face when clearly I had no idea what was going on. Fortunately Martine was there and she whisked me away to the LA Sciences bureau.

Turns out nothing was wrong. The SRI people were in a fuss for something that had been solved days ago. And they were giving me crap for not seeing the secretary. The whole time I was trying to concentrate but I found my French level slipping. This probably made the process go on longer since I had to ask for repeats several times. It did end though, finally.

I then walked home and picked up some fresh food. So glad that I managed that. Once in my dorm I felt alright and even spoke to Kate for a bit. It wasn't until around 9:30PM that the world came crashing down.

The telltale sign of influenza, body aches. A fever spiked on me and everything began to hurt. I thought myself fortunate that my throat wasn't sore but that quickly arrived as well. I sat in my bed and simply said, "aw damnit." Indeed I was sick.

Now what was the frightening ending I was hinting at? Well take an overactive insane imagination such as the one I have and combine it with fever dreams. Yeah, those were terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment