Thursday, April 4, 2013

April 4th


The only (MAJOR) issue with having almost none of my lights working in my room is the fact that mornings aren't different from night anymore. I used to face my 7 o'clock alarm with half-awake scowl since I developed the habit of kicking my light on. I spent a good fifteen seconds trying to turn on a dead light with my right foot. I had a full on annoyed scowl today. Ah morning stupidity where would I be without it? My foot probably wouldn't be bruised. Yeah I kick hard.

I did make it to class perfectly on time and with my common "please shoot me because I'm seeing two eight o'clocks in the same day" face. It's not a happy expression. Honestly I feel bad for my professor because the class is actually interesting. He is somewhat of a dramatic lecturer which is both entertaining and necessary for the topic. Sorry Art History but you aren't exactly riveting with explosions and 3-D effects. If the class were held later in the day I'm sure that my professor would receive proper praise. Instead he has a classroom full of yawning students.

Big plus to my day, no History of Religions. I honestly question why I decided to take this class. Oh yeah, because all the other literature classes are repeats of Iowa or have nothing to do with my majors (cough psychology). Professor Sansy you are a nice enough person but please when you lecture about a religous text actually talk about the text. She loves to highlight on how many different translations there are and how many copies were made. Those are minor details. I wouldn't be so sore about it if it weren't for her common phrase, "but remember to read the book chapters for context since that's the final examen material." The book is not supposed to teach us the material, you are professor! No wonder so many students skip class, they aren't actually being taught anything that they will be tested on. But today there was no History of Religions. Thank you hyperplanning and the L2 Histoire board.

As you can imagine I split from campus as soon as I had my coat on. This girl is run by her hunger. Due to stumbling around from lacking attitude in the morning I neglected my daily dose of orange juice. Always a big mistake. My stomach was bugging about being hungry and I told it to shut up until we returned home. I did stop by the supermarket to buy light bulbs; my foot thanked me. I also might have bought a pain au chocolat and a jambon beurre from the bakery. Heh.

Before you guys give me crap for having an unhealthy addiction (what's a healthy addiction?) to ham and butter sandwiches and chocolate pastries hear me out. I'm only go to be in France for about two more months. I might as well stuff my face with my two favorite French foods in the time I have left. Plus I waited til I was home to have a small salad on the side. That evens it out every time.

Guess what's fun? Learning that I will have two final exams on my 21st! Life just sometimes loves me. Thank you Ardouin for making May 2nd the exam date. God damnit. Time to do the responsible action. Jager bombs ahoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment