Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April 3rd


What is with these sunny days? Seriously Le Havre you have changed and not in the pleasant way. Fingers crossed for black skies and tormented winds cause I can't handle this sun in jeans and jackets for much longer. Right, so yeah it was sunny today.

The sun caused a slight problem for me because it made me incredibly hot. I forgot that they don't use AC here in Le Havre especially not in April. Long sleeved black shirt, check. Denim skinny jeans, check. Black leather boots, check. Boiling alive inside the LSH building on the third floor, ah check.

I am amazed I survived six hours of class. But I did! During the last one (Creative Writing or Performance) I even had to pretend to be a fortune teller in front of my entire class. Would've been easier in English but they all seemed to enjoy my improved French version. Somehow I survived and was in an agreeable mood. I then had dinner at someone's home.

It was Julie! For those of you who don't remember Julie is an incredibly sweet and down to Earth Hungarian girl. I mentioned to her that I was probably going to go out for dinner since I had been eating rice a lot recently and Julie invited me to have dinner at her flat instead. Never refuse a free meal audience. That rule could cause problems for me one day.

Julie lives very close to the university campus (five minute walk) which made the journey to her apartment quick. We arrived and I gawked. She is living with Georgiana (one of my Romanian friends) in a two bedroom apartment complete with full kitchen (oven and microwave), washing machine, bathtub, and living room. I was drooling at the amount of space she had. After I shut my jaw and reclaimed some sense of time we made a modest dinner. It consisted of fries and half of a personal sized pizza. Sure not my normal serving size but a meal is a meal.

I then spent the remaining hours talking with Julie about essentially everything. Really we did. The topics ranged from opinions of journalists to prom traditions (I showed her a picture of my dress) to Halloween to summer plans to past boyfriends. It was the typical fantastic girl talk. Time flew like a bird with its tail feathers on fire. When I checked my watch it read eleven o'clock. Crap. I said my goodbyes and gave Julie a big hug before taking on the late face of Le Havre.

Stay in the lamp light. I did. Clearly I made it home just fine. Unfortunately the university and St. Nicolas aren't the most comforting places at night but I kept my senses aware. Plus I stayed in the light.

Now I'm home with a wolf's appetite and a pile of laundry. Better crack on that since I have class at 8:30 and required at least an hour to prep myself in the morning. I'm so slow when ticked off at the world due to daylight. With that I bid you a great Wednesday evening audience. Remember, stay in the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment